Bring a Combatants for Peace Program to your community:
Bring Activists from Palestine and Israel to speak in your community:
Public events can be held in synagogues, mosques, churches, community centers, universities and more. The Combatants are sure to engage and inspire.
Events should be planned for two hours. Outline of Events:
- Introduction and history of the movement (15 minutes)
- Film clip from “Disturbing the Peace” (two options: 3 minutes or 26 minutes)
- Speakers share their personal stories (20-25 minutes each, total of about 50 minutes)
- Question and Answer session (20-35 minutes)
- Closing (5-10 minutes)
Program fees/Honorariums (to be paid to to American Friends of Combatants for Peace).
Fees are dependent on the number of events planned in each community/region:
- 1 event (1 day): $3,600
- 2 events (1-2 days): $1,800 per event
- 3 events (2-3 days): $1,500 per event
- 4 events (2-3 days): $1,200 per event
- 5 or more events (3+ days): $1,000 per event
We also request home hospitality for our speakers (or covering the cost of accommodation). We will do not request any additional fees, and provide for our own travel costs and expenses. For more information: Contact us.
Screen our documentary, “Disturbing the Peace” & video conference with the activists for a Q&A:
Screen the award winning documentary “Disturbing the Peace” in your community. Afterwards, video conference with two of our Combatants for Peace activists for a thirty minute discussion to answer questions about the conflict and our movement. Events should be planned for two hours, and each event follows a particular outline:
- Screen the film, “Disturbing the Peace” (83 minutes)
- Conference in a Palestinian and an Israeli activist for a Q&A on the large movie screen. Give the audience a chance to have an interactive Q&A with two of the activists featured in the film (40 minutes)
Speaking Fees/Honorariums are associated with these events:
- Screening Fee, paid to Reconsider: approx. $100 (to be arranged by the film producers)
- Program fees/Honorariums (to be paid to to American Friends of Combatants for Peace): $500
Host a Private Event, Fundraiser, or Parlor Meeting for Combatants for Peace:
Bring our activists to speak privately in your home or community. We have spoken in private homes, to Sisterhood of Salaam Shalom Chapters, and to Rotary Clubs. Programs for this event can follow either of the above-mentioned formats (in-person events or video conference events).
- In-person event: we ask that our host commit to cover all expenses associated with the event, including domestic airfare & local transportation for our activists, as well as accommodations.
- Virtual Event: fees are the same as public events via video conference (i.e. producer’s fee, plus $450 honorarium fee).
More Ways to Get Involved:
Join a Combatants for Peace Tour in Israel and Palestine
Join us on a trip to Israel and Palestine. You will have two guides: one Palestinian and one Israeli, and learn about the conflict from both narratives. You will have the chance to meet our activists, learn about the movement and participate with the Combatants for Peace in their activities. Join us on one of our established trips, or create your own. Read More.
Bring Social Justice into your Passover Seder
Make your family or community seder a seder dedicated to freedom for all people. Download our two Passover Hagaddah inserts and bring real questions of freedom into your seder this year. Four Sons & Four Questions & Second Cup of Wine
Volunteer with American Friends of CfP
There are many volunteer opportunities available and many more creative ways to get involved. If you have skills you would like to offer, please be in touch and let us know how you would like to help.