This year we will be hosting the 14th annual joint Palestinian-Israeli Memorial Day Ceremony in Tel Aviv. This Ceremony, co-hosted by Parent Circle – Families Forum is the largest event of the peace community each year. It is held on Yom Hazikaron (Israeli Memorial Day) and comes to remind us that War is NOT an Act of Fate – but a Human Choice. Together we stand for reconciliation, acceptance, cooperation and peace. We can end the cycle of violence.
Attend a Ceremony in Your Community
- Due to the sheer size of the Ceremony (10,000 people anticipated!), infrastructure, and high security needs, the cost of the Ceremony is well beyond our usual means. We’ve pledged to send $50,000 USD to support this event. We need your help to achieve our goal! Help us & together we can stand for democracy, equality, peace and transformation.
Bring the Ceremony live into your community center or living room:
On May 7, 2019, the ceremony will be streamed online live from Tel Aviv. We are inviting organizations and individuals to participate in this powerful, important event:
- Invite your community, colleagues, friends, and constituents to a selected venue on Tuesday, May 7, 2019 to watch the live-streaming of the Israeli-Palestinian Memorial Ceremony. English subtitles will be available.
- Invite local leaders from your community to speak after the streaming.
- Read our one-page organizing Sheet 2019 Memorial Ceremony One Pager
- Use our Community Organizers Toolkit to put your Ceremony together.
- Contact us for more information on how to arrange a screening.